August 28th, 2011 @ 9:43AM
Virginia (As conservative as California is Liberal)
|After all the hurricane hype all we had in northern Virginia was some rain, though the wind picked up some time after midnight. Naturally, it knocked two very large branches off two different trees, both of which landed on my car parked the driveway and smashed the windshield and knocked off both side view mirrors. |
August 28th, 2011 @ 12:56PM
|You really think the turning car should be looking to see if someone is passing in the oncoming lane behind them? Seriously? Even if he was just passing the car that was turning, if you're going to enter the oncoming lane to pass, you need to know what is going on with all vehicles that are around you.|
August 28th, 2011 @ 1:37PM
|that's absurd, of course its not the turning cars fault|
August 28th, 2011 @ 1:48PM
|I know this is Russia, but under the rules insurance companies tend to here, and I assume it`s somewhat standardized in North America, the turning car is 25% at fault and the other guy is 75% (or 50/50 if it was turning in to a private driveway instead of a real road.) If cars had been stopped behind the turning car, then it would have been 100% fault for the passer.|
Also, hard to tell if the truck even signalled.
August 28th, 2011 @ 1:58PM
|who the hell looks BEHIND them when turning? Get real. besides its illegal to pass multiple cars like that in one go. At least it is where I live.|
August 28th, 2011 @ 9:27PM
|Ya, looking behind you when turning? If you are going way below the speed limit, sure. But even passing at an intersection is illegal where I am, so the passing car is at fault here. Plus passing so many cars at one shot.|
August 29th, 2011 @ 3:18AM
|Hmmm lets see. Speeding, overtaking at an intersection, overtaking where there's a solid centerline. Driver taking the turn; not using turn signals. I don't know what's worse to be honest. Getting a ticket for all of this or the fact that you crashed into a Lada. |
August 30th, 2011 @ 2:34PM
The Land of Chocolate
|A friend of mine got into an accident where a car was somewhat pulled on the right, had a door open, then swerved a left turn while said friend was trying to pass on the left.|
He hit the car, was completely found to be at fault - regardless of the fact that this person really did a great job making it look like they were pulled over. If anything, this is a case where maybe you could make a case for the person passing not being at fault.
But this.. this in the video.... holy hell.
I mean, it's always a good idea to look both ways before crossing any sort of traffic (I'd hate to be killed on a one-way by a car goin the other way just because I didn't look both ways), but jesus tap-dancing christ. The guy trying to pass everyone has to be at fault.
But then again, this is Russia. Rush hour in Moscow is a sight to behold. I can't imagine what it's like outside the cities.
August 30th, 2011 @ 2:41PM
|Rofl - it looks like that Magic The Gathering chick lost her internship over the article.|
She is now listed as a `former` intern.
August 31st, 2011 @ 1:10PM
|Friday was her last day sadly. She definitely deserved to lose her job over it.|
September 1st, 2011 @ 2:40PM
The Land of Chocolate
|Sports heroes are heroes for what they do on the court.|
You're naive to translate that into their private life.
It's not that hard to look at how hard an athlete has worked on their craft from when they were a child to present times and idolize that - their work ethic.
There are no professional athletes that were granted their position. Everyone worked their asses off to get where they are, and the best had to work even harder. I find that to be quite noble.
...that personal shit? Whatever, we're all human.
September 2nd, 2011 @ 6:55PM
|Man that girl is getting the razing she deserves. Total Biatch. Ruined her career as a writer for almost anything but Biatch websites. Plus any guy that gets on the internet now can look her up and find out she is a total bitch... which might have worked out for her with a total douche guy IF not for the fact that she it not attractive at all.|
September 2nd, 2011 @ 7:16PM
|Noble sports heroes... just going to take a stab at it, don't really know what you're looking for...|
Ernie Banks? Wayne Gretzky? Frank Thomas? John Elway? Roberto Clemente? Lou Gehrig? Walter Payton?
Typically, though, I would say that the things that make people great athletes generally don't make them great people.